HOPE AUSTRALIA – AGED CARE PROGRAMS
HOPE worldwide (Australia) is a faith-based development organisation that aims to transform those being served through adding Values as well as Service Delivery (SD) and Capacity Building (CB).
The provision of a variety of regular activities within the setting of an aged care facilities to promote the wellbeing (physical and mental) of the elderly by utilising a pool of skilled and compassionate volunteers. HOPE worldwide has a mission to bring HOPE and change lives through a community transformation model.
Aged Care HOPE worldwide (Australia) and blisscareaustralia programs:
- Singing Nights - one or more singers with or without musical backing, music is played and audience encouraged to participate. The benefits of this program: enjoyable activity, general well being especially improving mental health and acquiring or developing singing skills.
- Reading Nights - reading through the book or part-book, titles can be selected according to audience preference and reading nights scheduled to cover specific books / chapters of book. The benefits of this program: improved mental health by developing concentration, meeting a need especially for those unable to read due to poor eyesight, improving and stimulating concentration.
- Live Band / Jazz Night - a small group of musicians playing live music, can encourage dancing and sing-along. The benefits of the program: general entertainment, improved mental health through music.
- Magic Show - a magician performing to an audience. The benefits of this program: general entertainment, improved mental health through stimulating concentration.
- Stand Up Comedy - comedian performing to an audience. The benefits of this program: general entertainment and improved mental health through comedy.
- Annual Facility Ball - provision of table service for sit-down dinner event. The benefits of this program: personal encouragement through being served and being able to dress up.
- Trivia Activities - trivia night with a small groups around the tables competing in light-heated quizzes, can be thematic or for a cause. The benefits of the program: general entertainment, improved mental health through stimulating group works and thinking.
- Exercise Classes - mixture of indoor sporting activities to benefit general physical health, e.g. seating Quoits, shooting basket balls into ring, stretching exercises an other activities. The benefits of this program: fun sporting activity, general benefit to cardiovascular health, coordination and mobility.
- Other Programs in development: Cooking Presentations, Games, Gold Class Cinema Experience, Chat Nights, Family visits.